Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The honeymoon may be over

I've been stressed out and frustrated lately. I'm starting to hate my job at Shoplet.com. I'm getting tired of calling customers all day and trying to get them to continue buying from Shoplet. The job requires me to make 50 connected calls a day. Each call has to last for at least 30 seconds so I can get credit. All the calls I make are stored in a master phone system so management can look at. So, I have to make calls or else I'm fired. As a Shoplet employee, I'm required to average 50 calls a day and make my sales budget which increases every month. I have to develop relationships with customers and get them to continue purchasing. For this job you have to be an inside salesman, but sometimes I feel like I have to be a customer service representative because I have to deal with customers calling me about orders they haven't received, damaged items they got, and discontinued items that they thought were in stock. I have to deal with all of this while trying to make 50 outbound calls a day and reaching my expected budget. This job is taking a toll on me - physically and mentally. I can't take it anymore. I want to leave. It's not only the customers and the calls I have to put up with, it's also the people I work with. The people that I work with treat me like a little kid. Just because I look like a little kid doesn't mean I am one. I don't get no respect from some of them. My sales manager treats me like I'm 4 years old. I'm 24 years old damn it. This guy is always on my case and he's constantly making remarks to make me look like an idiot in the office. The sales assistant there treats me like a baby sometimes too. She doesn't take me seriously sometimes and she gets very uptight when I joke around with her. She is nice sometimes, but most of the time she isn't. Over the last couple of months I've developed strong feelings for her. I've told her how beautiful she is and I think she looks great considering she is a middle age woman. But she ignores me sometimes and gets mad at me because she thinks I'm rude to her. Nonetheless, I'm still attracted to her and I'm in love with her, but I wish she would treat me like she treated some of the other guys in the office. Like I said earlier, I'm starting to hate this job. I can't take the workload anymore and I can't handle being treated like an outcast at the office. This may be my last month working there. I really want to leave and go work somewhere else or become a full time comedian. Over the next few weeks I'll decide what I want to do. Whether I'll stay or go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home