Wednesday, June 25, 2008

RIP. GEORGE CARLIN



Gerorge Carlin, one of the greatest stand-up comedians of all time passed away this past Sunday. This is a major shock in the comedy world. George Carlin was a major influence on some of the brilliant comedians today like Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, and Jay Leno. He explored many topics in his stand-up routines like politics, religion, language, and American culture. He was also very observant and mocked society's faults and failures, as well as human behavior. George Carlin has been a major influence on me. I own most of his early comedy albums, including the album "Class Clown" where he reveals the seven dirty words you can't say on television. I think he is the second greatest stand-up comedian of all time behind Richard Pryor. I first saw him in the movie Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. Then I watched him on Shining Time station where he played Mr. Conductor. It was years later that I found out that he was a stand-up comedian when I watched one of his HBO specials - You are all Diseased. I thought his stand-up was amazing. Ever since then I was a fan. He will be missed and his stand-up will influence many more present and future comedians. To see how great George Carlin was, watch the two videos below:


Seven dirty words you can't say on television


George Carlin on death


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home