Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Visit To The Psychic


This past Friday I decided to visit a psychic in the East Village of Manhattan. This was my first psychic experience and it turned out pretty good. Ever since I was a little boy I've always been on the fence with psychics. On one hand, I believe that there are psychics who can really look into the future and have the ability of clairvoyance. On the otherhand, I also believe that there are psychics out there who are scam artists and make people pay hundreds of bucks for cold readings. I've seen Pyshics on TV like Sylvia Browne and John Edward, I was always skeptical about their readings and predictions. So, I wanted to finally go to a psychic and see for myself how accurate this psychic would be at telling me about myself and my life. I also wanted to go to see what this psychic would say about the girl I'm in love with right now. After searching the web for psychics in NYC and reading reviews on Citysearch and Yelp.com, I decided this psychic named Shana would be the one I would visit to provide me with a psychic reading. I didn't call to set up an appointment before hand. I just went to the location after work on Friday and stood outside the building where I noticed the name "Psychic Shana" above her apartment bell downstairs. After ringing the bell a few times and no one buzzed me in, I decided to enter the building and walk up to the second floor where her apartment was. Just as I was walking upstairs to her apartment, a hot woman came out of the apartment and said "Can I help you?" That's when I said, "I'm here to see psychic Shana." She then told me to come back in fifteen minutes. I said, "Ok." So I walked around East Village for 15-20 minutes and saw everything the neighborhood had to offer - punk rockers, yuppies, homeless people, gays and lesbians, and crackheads. It was like I was on another planet. After about 20 minutes, I went back to Psychic Shana's location and rang the bell downstairs. This time she buzzed me. I walked up to her apartment and knocked on the door. The hot woman from earlier answered the door and made me sit down at a table near the entry way of the apartment. That's when I realized that the hot woman was psychic Shana. WTF! I always thought female psychics were old and fat. This psychic was middle aged and was smoking hot. Forget the reading, I wanted to have sex with her. But that's not why I was there, unfortunately. Anyway, I sat down at the table and she sat on the opposite side of it. The apartment wasn't as creepy as you would expect from a psychic. It was dimly lit with some candles in the background and the place smelled like wet paint and burning rubber. Shana asked me what kind of reading I wanted and I told her I wanted a tarot reading. She then picked up some tarot cards from the table and gave them to me. She told me to split them in half and make a wish on them. After closing my eyes and making the wish, I gave the cards back to her. This is when she proceeded to the reading and began planting each card on the table one by one while telling me adjectives about myself like how I'm honest and smart. As she was going through these lists of adjectives, I'm thinking how she's full of shit and I'm about to waste $40 on a fraud reading. But just as I was beginning to doubt her, she started coming up with general statements about my life that were accurate. She said that I had a recent death in the family, which was true. She also said that I recently started a new job, which was also true. But the part that she hit on the head was when she said that there's a girl right now that I like who also likes me. According to Psychic Shana, this girl is guarded and has been hurt before. She needs some space. Shana advised me to be patient with her and everything will fall into place once I give her time and space. She was dead accurate on this reading. There is a girl right now that I like and I do feel she likes me but has her guard up. Psychic Shana just confirmed my suspicions. I had gotten what I wanted to hear. After that, the reading was over and Shana asked me for the $40. I gave her an extra $10 because she was hot. I shook her hand and thanked her for the tarot reading. I told her I would be back for a full reading on my birthday. Maybe. I then left her place and went home satisfied. Even though some of the things Shana said was generic and vague, that last part about the girl I like was very accurate. This experience doesn't change my skepticism about psychics, but it does make me realize that they can be helpful even though they may be making things up. I'm glad I went to see Psychic Shana even though she was only 60% accurate. She helped me realize what I need to do to win the heart of the girl I'm in love with right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home