Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful for last week

Last week was one of the greatest weeks I've ever had. It all started on Monday when I went to my first professional wrestling event. I've been a wrestling fan for over fifteen years but I had never seen a wrestling match or event in person. Last Monday I got the chance to attend WWE Monday Night Raw at Madison Square Garden with my younger brother, who's also a wrestling fan. When we got there the building was packed with wrestling fans. The line extended outside of the building. It was like fans were waiting to see a rock concert. After about 45 mintues or so, me and my brother were finally released from that long line after we got our tickets scanned. We proceeded upstairs to the food court to buy some snacks. We both bought some popcorn, hot dogs, and a soda. Then we rushed to our seats because we could hear the show starting, even though it was only 8:45pm and the show was supposed to start at 9pm. But when we got to our seats we realized that they were taping another show (Smackdown!), and Raw was indeed going to start at 9pm. We sat there for the next two hours watching our favorite wrestling superstars like Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and John Cena battle each other in the ring. It was surreal! The crowd was really into it and were cheering like it was a New Year's Eve celebration. It was an exciting show, but the one bad part for me was this annoying little kid sitting next to me. This little kid wouldn't shut up and kept talking to me like I was one of his little buddies. I ignored him and just ate my popcorn. After the show, me and my brother went to the back of the building of MSG. We saw a crowd standing near the media/employee exit where the wrestlers were going to come out. We decided to stand in the crowd also and wait to see which wrestlers would come out to their limos. We saw Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston, MVP, Bella Twins, and John Cena come out. Most of them were nice enough to stop and sign some autographs for the fans waiting in the cold. We went home after we saw John Cena, who didn't sign any autographs and rushed to his limo. His catch phrase is: You can't see me! Well, we couldn't see him because he ran to his limo. I enjoyed WWE Raw and it was a special moment for me and my brother.
Friday night was another special night for me. I received an invitation on Facebook to attend a junior high school reunion. At first, I didn't know if I was going to go to the reunion because I didn't feel like meeting people who I haven't seen in over a decade. But I decided the day before to attend because I had fun in junior high school. And there were many people that I did want to see after all these years. So, I left my house at about 10:15pm to go to the reunion which started at 11pm. I had to take two trains to the location. When I walked out of the train station I was just a few blocks away from the bar/lounge where the reunion was being held. I was so nervous, it felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest. I had to walk around the block for a while to calm myself down. I finally decided to head over to the bar/lounge even though I still had butterflies in my stomach. When I got there, there were three people waiting outside. One of them I recognized right away. He was one of my close friends in junior high and a friend on my facebook and myspace profiles. He introduced me to his girlfriend who also went to our junior high school, but I only recognized her from facebook. There was this other guy who's face I remember but I didn't know his name. I greeted him anyway. He was nice enough to buy me a drink when we went inside. After getting our coats checked and wrists banded, we went to the basement where the reunion was. I thought the reunion was going to be a private area where all of us would reflect and reminisce about the good ol' junior high days, but this wasn't the case. We were sharing space with many other people who came to dance and party. I was a little disappointed by this at first, but it really didn't matter to me after I saw some good looking girls there. As the night went on, I saw many friends, classmates, and nameless people who went to our junior high. Some remembered me and some didn't. The person who organized this reunion and a close friend of mine, finally showed up an hour late. I didn't know where the hell she was and I didn't care because I was getting drunk. I drank just two glasses of vodka and cranberry, but I felt like I was going to faint. I was dizzy and out of it. I had to stand in the corner for over a half-an-hour to get myself together. When I regained my balance, I saw this beautiful girl who I didn't recognize at first. But then I looked closely and I remembered her from my seventh grade class. She looked totally different now than she did thirteen years ago. She looked like a model now. I said "hi" to her and told her my name so she could remember me being one of her clasmates. Surprisingly she did remember me. Yes!!! After sobering up, I danced with her a bit and she put some moves on me that should only be allowed in the bedroom. Her hotness and sexy dancing was hypnotizing me. I was falling in love with her on the dance floor. She and I exchanged phone numbers and I texted her a couple of times when she was in the bathroom. I just wanted to be near her. She was so damn hot! I thought maybe she was interested in me, but when we left the reunion and went to a pizzeria close by with a couple of former schoolmates - she wouldn't even make eye contact with me. That's just my luck. Later, me, her, and another female schoolmate drove home in the same car. The schoolmate was driving........drunk. I put on my seat belt just in case these girls got in a car accident. On the way home they were talking loudly in car. I was too tired and lightheaded to talk, so I pretended like I was sleeping. I didn't have the chance to say goodbye to the hot classmate, but I could always call her since I had her number. Then the drunk schoolmate dropped me off at my house and I kissed her goodnight, or should I say good morning. I got home at 4:30 in the morning and woke up later at 9:30 in the morning. My ears were ringing and clogged up from the loud music at the reunion. It took my ears several days to recover. Next time I'm wearing ear plugs to the club. It took me two days to send the hot classmate a text message. I told her it was nice to see her and I hope she stays in touch. I still haven't received a reply from her. Oh well! At least I got to see her and everyone else who attended my junior high after all these years.
On Saturday, I hosted the second episode of my internet radio show/podcast. It was a good show. I recounted my experience at Raw and the reunion. I also talked about Scientology and celebrity news. The show will continue to get better as I come up with some new bits. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving on Thursday and taking a bite of that turkey. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving! I will never forget the best week ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home