Monday, October 13, 2008

It's been crazy!

How's the last few weeks been for me? It's been crazy! These last few weeks have been the wildest, funniest, and happiest weeks of my life. It all started with my first-ever trip to Yankee Stadium a few weeks ago. As you already know from reading my last post, that was a great experience for me. I'll never forget it. I'll be able to tell my kids in the future that I had the chance to go to Yankee Stadium before it closed down. The week after that, I got the chance to see a living legend perform on stage. No, I'm not talking about Paul McCartney or Jay- Z, I'm talking about Paul Mooney. In the comedy world, Paul Mooney is one of the greatest stand-up comics to ever touch the stage. He's loud, angry, and sometimes racist, but for the most part, he's funny. He wrote with and for Richard Pryor. He's the closest thing to Richard Pryor. As an aspiring stand-up comic, it was a joy to watch him perform. He almost made me pee in my pants. That is another experience that I will never forget. A week after that, I celebrated my birthday. I ate pineapple cake with different flavors of ice cream. I opened the presents that I purchased myself weeks before. It was a great birthday. That weekend me and my best friend went to the Museum of Sex and saw a lot of interesting things. If you want to know, you got to go see for yourself. It was hard for me to leave the museum. I could've stayed there the whole day. But I left after three arousing hours. My friend then took me to David and Busters in Times Square and he bought me dinner as a belated birthday treat. The dinner was great, but my friend kept talking about this pretty waitress instead of eating his food. But the funny part of the evening was when we saw this angry guy who may been the manager, and my friend almost mistook him for Isiah Thomas. The guy did look like Isiah Thomas. Me and my friend joked that it probably was Isiah Thomas and he decided to work at a restaurant after being fired by the Knicks. Last week, I read some terrific books. All of these books were birthday gifts to myself. Some of the books I read were the Last Lecture, Physics Impossible, and Jim Norton: Happy Endings - The tales of a meaty-breasted zilch. I spent the whole week focused on reading these books than on anything else. This past Friday, I finally met one of my myspace friends in person. I got lost trying to find her house, but it was worth it. She's a cool person to talk to and hang out with. I gave her some belated birthday gifts and she gave me some alcohol. That alcohol gave me a monster headache the next morning. But anyway, I've enjoyed these past few weeks. I wish I could relive them again and again. They've been crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home